- I'm at 501 Queen Streetcar Short Turn (Toronto, ON) 4sq.com/14PvFG6 2 hours ago
- I'm at Scotiabank Theatre - @cineplexmovies for Star Trek Into Darkness 3D (Toronto, ON) w/ 10 others 4sq.com/14OQku5 5 hours ago
- New community garden in Moss Park looks great. Wish we could get one near our place. 5 hours ago
- Little kid on street: "WE'RE HAVING MACARONI AND CHEEEEEEEEESE!!!!!!!" He said all of the exclamation marks. #simplethings 6 hours ago
- Dear smokers: put it out when you see the streetcar coming. If you're puffing when the doors open, you might as well be smoking on the car. 6 hours ago
Tag Archives: light rail
Why does it seem like pundits on the left are always talking up light rail over subways in Toronto? Is there some kind of bizarre pinko conspiracy? Do lefties hate subways? Are we afraid of tunnels? Do we think that only the downtown elite should have effective transit? Or are there partisans among us that will just disagree with anything Rob Ford says, just because he said it?
While the added expense of subways may be justified in some areas, like the central Eglinton corridor where the density may grow to be sufficient in the foreseeable future, in other areas surface light rail is simply the better option as part of the city’s transportation plan.
If you haven’t already, please consider sending off an e-mail through this website to let our governments know that the people of Toronto really do care about bringing clean and affordable rapid transit to everyone in the city.