- I'm at Scotiabank Theatre - @cineplexmovies for Star Trek Into Darkness 3D (Toronto, ON) w/ 10 others 4sq.com/14OQku5 2 hours ago
- New community garden in Moss Park looks great. Wish we could get one near our place. 2 hours ago
- Little kid on street: "WE'RE HAVING MACARONI AND CHEEEEEEEEESE!!!!!!!" He said all of the exclamation marks. #simplethings 2 hours ago
- Dear smokers: put it out when you see the streetcar coming. If you're puffing when the doors open, you might as well be smoking on the car. 3 hours ago
- Eggs Social Media? RT @ivortossell: Forgot food on stove while tweeting. Eggs Fiasco it is. 4 hours ago
Category Archives: Toronto
Crackstarter has raised over $100,000 for crack dealers and public humiliation. I’m no fan of Toronto Mayor Rob Ford, and there’s lots of reasons I’d like to see him removed from office, but we can put our money to better uses than this.
Rather than extending or guaranteeing more loans that will make Bixi less viable, Toronto should invest in the valuable public service by purchasing it outright. The purchase of Bixi’s outstanding debt would be no more than a footnote in the city’s budget.
Today the region’s business leaders agreed that we’re on the right track. Our region’s economy won’t shrivel up and die because we agreed to pay for transit expansion. What it won’t survive is continuing to do nothing.
In basic economics, the demand for a commodity is a function of the supply of that commodity and the price paid to acquire it. We can use the supply-demand model to compare commuting choices.
Last year, when I did this, I made myself a handy template so that I could just punch in the new numbers when the TTC inevitably hikes fares every year. Most years, anyway. If you want to read about the …
This summer the City of Toronto is rebuilding Queen Street between Coxwell and Connaught Avenues, doing badly-needed reconstruction of the road, sidewalks and streetcar tracks. Since streetcars won’t be able to get through with the tracks torn up, the iconic …
Tonight, the Toronto Cyclists Union voted to do away with the organization’s name. By a very slim margin, the members decided to scrap the old name and move forward with a new name, Cycle Toronto. I voted against the change, …
Last month, members of the Toronto Cyclists Union received an email from the organization’s Board of Directors, introducing the new name they had chosen for the organization. At the upcoming Annual General Meeting, members will vote on accepting the Board’s …
Dear esteemed councillors, In today’s Globe and Mail, I have read that some of you are being asked to vote against Councillor Stintz’s revised proposal for the Eglinton Light Rail. As you likely know, this plan restores the surface light …
The Toronto Transit Commission has done a good job of making the Metropass only attractive to people who use transit as their main method of transportation. For the average commuter, tokens are now the better deal.